Strawberry peach pie (with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream) happens to be my husband’s favorite dessert, so I make it quite often. I actually made it twice last week! This recipe is super easy, has less than 10 ingredients, and takes less than an hour to prepare. It also happens to taste great!
9″ unbaked pie crust, plus extra crust for top (I prefer Marie Callender’s or Trader Joe’s pie crust)
4 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar (I used coconut sugar)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 425′
2. Mix flour, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and fruit in large mixing bowl.
3. Put mixture into pie crust.
4. Place the second crust on top and make 4 slits in the center.
5. Beat the egg white and lightly brush it on top crust, sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake at 425′ for 25 minutes, then reduce to 375′ and bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes. (I covered the crust with foil so it wouldn’t burn)
7. Let cool for at least an hour before serving.
You can also change up this recipe by using different fruits such as other berries, rhubarb, cherry…..
the possibilities are endless!